Kamala Harris, Who is she?
Kamala Harris creates history by becoming the first female vice president of the United States. She is also the first African-Indian-American politician elected as a U.S Senate Democrat for California. Since the 2020 election, Kamala works as a vice president alongside president Joe Biden. From becoming California’s Attorney, then the State’s Senator to being a Vice president, Kamala Harris proves to be a strong woman with strong will power.
She is an inspiration to all people and especially girls out there. She supports feminism and proves that women can be leaders too. She motivates herself and inspires thousands of others to become the better version of themselves. Here are some of her powerful and inspiring Kamala Harris quotes to lift your self-esteem up.
Kamala Harris quotes
Following are some Kamala Harris quotes which she said in her speeches and implied them on her own life. As a female leader, her sayings are powerful like her and can motivate thousands of people.
- “My mother had a saying: ‘Kamala, you may be the first to do many things, but make sure you’re not the last.’”
- “I’ll be judged on the body of work and not the popularity of any one decision.”
- “I was raised to be an independent woman, not the victim of anything.”
- “Anyone who claims to be a leader must speak like a leader. That means speaking with integrity and truth.”
- “What I want young women and girls to know is that you are powerful and your voice matters.”
- “To be smart on crime, we should not be in a position of constantly reacting to crime after it happens. We should be looking at preventing crime before it happens.”
- “I believe that a child going without an education is a crime.”
- “A patriot is not someone condones the conduct of our country whatever it does. It is someone who fights every day for the ideals of the country, whatever it takes.”
- “Our unity is our strength, and our diversity is our power. We reject the myth of us vs them. We are in this together.”
- “Women have an equal stake in our future and should have an equal voice in our politics.”
- “We have good people on both sides of the aisle. And I say we must measure up to our words and fight for our ideas because the critical hour is upon us.”
- “We cannot tolerate a perspective that is about going backward and not understanding women have agency. Women have value. Women have the authority to make decisions about their own lives and their own bodies.”
- “I do not believe that the government should be in the business of telling women what they should do with their bodies.”
- “My mother would say: ‘Don’t sit around and complain about things. Do something.’ So I did something.”
- “To tackle the challenges of the 21st century, we must empower women and families. If we do not lift up women and families, everyone will fall short.”
- “I often advocate that we look at many sides of an issue, walk in someone else’s shoes, and identify and reject false choices.”
- “There will be a resistance to your ambition, there will be people who say to you, you are out of your lane. They are burdened by only having the capacity to see what has always been instead of what can be. But don’t you let that burden you.”
- “To everyone keeping up the fight, you are doing something great. You are the heroes of our time, and you are the reason I know we are going to bring our country closer to realizing its great promise.”
- “You have to see and smell and feel the circumstances of people to really understand them.”
- “I’m the daughter of a mother who broke down all kinds of barriers.”
Kamal Harris wants a society where people don’t judge each other for their ethnicity, religion, gender, and perspectives. She believes everyone has strength and no one is born weak. She promotes women and believes in equality. Hope Kamala Harris quotes empowers the strength within you.